The solution to this, is to recognize that a lot of the content I make (in fact most of it) will be presented as output from R Markdown. The tutorials I create, the analyses I do, etc. As such, why not start with an R Markdown file in the first place and go from there? Enter
I then had to install python3 and pip to get the
academic Hugo theme going.
brew update brew install python3 pip3 install academic
I then went and grabbed a BibTex file of my publications from Web Of Science. Not all of them are there but it gets things going. Then I had the hugo academic import them into the site.
academic import --bibtex ~/Downloads/savedrecs.bib
I quickly noticed a flaw in this approach as Web of Sciences labels each of the entries with the ISI number, which academic uses for naming within Hugo. This means absolutely nothing to me (e.g., instead of
DyerNason2004 that manuscript is noted as
ISI:000221933000001—totally useless). So, I went back to the file and manually changed the entry titles. Not a big deal.
I then imported them using the code above and it was good. I got a folder
Now, to go fix a few other things.